ADHD and Art
by Sandra Kooij
I have always felt close to science, nature, and art. Or to beauty, inspiration, love and friendship. These are all related! To experience the beauty of knowledge, the inspiration of people, the unexplainable of love and friendship, isn’t it the best part of life?
So, when I realised I had to help the just founded ADHDFund to survive next winter, I thought of art, in combination with passion… ADHD people are often passionate and creative, involved in the arts, out of the box thinkers; ADHD and art are connected!
I myself have been a painter since 20 years because of the need to paint color. I can make any color, yet I still don’t know how I do it…
I am happy to donate 11 artworks to the auction of ADHDFund.
My patients, friends, collegues and relatives are donating, or asking for donations from artists they know, adding to the crowd of artworks! We did not think of organising an international auction, until people from Denmark started to bid on my work from just seeing a picture… So now it is international! As ADHDFund has no money to send the artworks around the world, costs for shipping will be the responsibility of the one who bids.
I love to bring together now my passions for worldwide ADHD research, based on patient’s preferences, and art!
- People with and without ADHD donate their artwork for the good cause of ADHDFund… Isn’t it wonderful?
- ADHD artists can profile their work through this website
- The crowd that knows and supports ADHDFund is growing
- ADHDFund gets more attention. It needs that attention to fund more research on ADHD worldwide!
- Artists get to know about ADHD
- People interested in art can enjoy new work that maybe otherwise was never shown to the public …
So please enjoy the first art-auction for ADHDFund! And spread the link: www.adhdfund-art.com
- New work is welcome with a good quality picture and information (please look at www.adhdfund.com/nl-nl/kunstveiling). Please send it a.s.a.p. to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- We start the auction October 15th at 9am, and November 26th at 5 pm it will end.
- The highest bid will get the artwork of choice. You can come to Carel Reinierszkade 197 in the Hague, the Netherlands and get it, or ask for post or shipment and pay the costs.